Sunshine Blogger Awards Rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and / or blog!
I am so honoured and excited to be included in this so I will answer both blogger’s questions. It’s only fair!
Cake and Coast’s questions:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging to document my hobbies and crafts as I am an avid ‘maker’ of things. It was just a simple blogspot blog to begin with, but now I’ve caught the blogging bug and try and post a variety of things.
- What is your favourite topic to write about?
I really seem to get sucked into self-help topics on other people’s blogs. And have started to try and write my own which I am enjoying. However, I am a little nervous to post them at this stage!
- What are your goals as a blogger?
I just want to continue on and create something that brightens other people’s lives. I’m not really good enough or consistent enough to try and make this anything other than that, and this is fine by me 😀
- How do you manage to fit blogging around your job and/or education?
I work full time at quite a demanding job. I am lucky enough to have a very creative job, but unfortunately, this means I find it very hard to motivate myself to continue being creative in evenings, so mostly write on the weekends. This causes a lot of delays, as I often have other life issues to deal with at the weekend also.
- How do you utilise social media to drive traffic to your blog?
I have only just started with this. I set off investing time in my twitter only last November and have seen a big increase through this. Pinterest also helps a little but I feel like I’m missing something there as I’m not seeing the big success other bloggers write about. Instagram is a no-go for me at the moment.
- What is your favourite meal to cook for other people?
We like to make ‘Denver Fries’ for each other when we’re feeling fancy. It was a recipe stolen from our local Revolutions bar! Steak with cream and garlic sauce and chopped mushrooms; topped with fries and cheddar cheese; baked in the oven until the cheese is melted. Heart attack on a plate basically!
- What is your guilty food pleasure?
- What is your least favourite cuisine in general?
Not a big fan of a salad it has to be said. Unless it’s an excellently prepared one with interesting ingredients… Soggy iceberg lettuce and raw onion do not maketh a meal.
- Have you been reading any books this year and if so, do you have any recommendations?
Nothing yet. I really want to get my reading mojo back soon though so I am very open to suggestions.
- If you like to cook, do you have any recipes that you would recommend I try?
Big fan of anything by Joe Wikes (the Body Coach) definitely try his stuff for tasty meals that don’t have you standing in the kitchen for hours.
Homebird Hang-ups‘ questions:
Would you rather (and why…):
1. Have unlimited time or unlimited money? Unlimited Time. You can always make money 😉
2. Be stranded in the sea or the desert? Desert (I’m so scared of open water!)
3. Join the circus or be kidnapped by aliens? Kidnapped by aliens. In fact please… take me! 👽
4. Fast forward to the future or go back in time? SO difficult! I think maybe future as technology is amazing and can only get better really! Although I would absolutely LOVE to see what ancient Egypt was actually like and see if our interpretations are correct.
5. Live without books or TV? Live without books. Soz, 2006-pretentious-art-student me!
6. Run 25 miles or walk 50? Run 25. I don’t know if I can, but it seems like a better deal.
7. Be a celebrity or a politician? Celebrity. At least someone might like me that way!
8. Give up chocolate or caffeine? Caffeine. I am actually mainly caffeine-free anyway due to it inducing panic attacks. It’s not difficult and definitely not missed.
9. Lose the sense of smell or taste? Arg so difficult! Probably lose my sense of smell. I love food and would hate to not enjoy it.
10. Listen to your most hated song on repeat or eat your least favourite food for every meal? Wah! I don’t want to play anymore these are so difficult! Probably listen to my most hated song… I really can’t think what that would be right now but again… I’m all about the food.
11. Be unable to laugh or unable to cry? Unable to cry. I mean… I’m almost there anyway and it’s not that bad. haha ha ha….ha. 😐
My nominations and questions:
I nominate the following lovelies to continue spreading the sunshine! (Apologies if you already were nominated… It’s hard to keep track!)
And my questions are:
- What excites you most about your blogging/social media life?
- If you could start all over again from scratch, what would you choose to focus on in your blog?
- Would you ever consider going full-time blogging? (If you have already, tell us how it’s going!)
- Have you ever worked for “exposure” rather than money? If so, how did that go, would you recommend it?
- Tell us a little-known fact about yourself!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your most secret guilty-pleasure movie?
- Nobody else is home, you’re just got out the shower, your hairbrush microphone is waiting for you. What song do you sing your socks-off to in the bathroom mirror?
- Tell us your favourite YouTuber/Vlogger!
- What is your Twitter Pet-peeve? Small things that annoy you but don’t really matter!
- What are you having for tea tonight? (the eternal question…)
I can’t wait to hear your replies!
Thank you so much for reading.
Love, Beccy May